Our client is a global leader in labeling and packaging materials and solutions. The company’s applications and technologies are an integral part of products used in every major market and industry. Its solutions helps the industry move products through the supply chain more efficiently.
Using the client’s printer, which is powered by GlobalBay price application software, retailers can add productive and accurate price markings and markdowns to the list of benefits gained by using smart devices in-store.
With as much as 35% of apparel unit volume moving at discounted pricing, markdowns really do matter. The combination of a professional grade scanner, integrated print/apply capability, and the patented GlobalBay mobile platform helps speed up the process and markdowns are completed on time—the first time. Additionally, users can recoup at risk revenue assuring the intended markdowns are accurately communicated to customers, which will improve margins and lift sales.
Mechanical price labelers or portable “belt printers” are faster and more accurate than using red pens. With less associates involved, the markdown process is streamlined before, during, or after store hours.
The more efficient markdown process gives staff more time to focus on serving customers. Improved accuracy ensures that the price on the ticket is the price paid at checkout so all expectations are met. Also, the powerful pricing application allows for central tracking of markdowns and the dashboard reporting capabilities guarantees accuracy and continuous improvement.
The client’s solutions shows customers how to leverage regular tasks including item marking, currency conversion, and promotional price marking to:
- Improve pricing accuracy to increase margins
- Increase efficiencies allowing its customers to refocus labor to value-added activity such as customer service
- Expand visibility to ensure promotional labeling compliance at the store level
- Enhance customer experience to creates loyalty and higher basket size
As a result of the collaboration, SoftServe delivered an interchangeable and expandable iOS (Apple), Windows CE/Mobile and Android compatible software development kit (SDK).
- Interchangeable across multiple smart device platforms for today and the future.
- Mobile point-of-sale (POS) and clienteling modules can be added to the software to further enhance the overall in-store shopping experience.